1) Two people you can tell pretty much anything to?
– Mom and Dad
– My compassion for animals says yes. My stomach says “MEAT!” My stomach nearly always wins.
– I don’t think the common “streets paved with gold, angels sitting on puffy clouds with harps, and St. Peter standing at pearly gates” has anything to do with the afterlife. But, yes, I do strongly believe in continued existence in some manner after our mortal body stops functioning. In short, yes.
4) Last person to be in bed with?
– Not a person, but my cat Nala was curled up against me several times last night.
5) What jewelry do you wear?
– None. I have a watch I rarely wear. I would wear my H.S. class ring, but I got it in 9th grade and it’s too small for my grown-up sized finger. 🙁
6) Are you eating?
– A few hours ago I had a green salad, baked halibut, pinquito beans, and mixed veggies.
– Lots and lots of water. I’ve been really thirsty — probably a side effect of my allergy meds.
10) Would you ever have plastic surgery?
– What? And mess with perfection? 😉
11) What do you wear to bed?
– Depends on the season. In winter, it might be flannel jammies. In summer, it might be as little as possible.
12.) Have you ever done anything illegal?
– That’s for me to know and the cops never to find out.
13) Can you roll your tongue?
– Roll it, bend it, you name it. I have a very flexible tongue.
15) What kind of watch(es)?
– I like my watches to be as functional as possible. My wrist sweats and I get a rash if I wear one too long. Only stainless steel works; anything else is unwearable.
– I was born, so obviously not. Any other discussion on the topic is between a woman and her doctor.
17) Hair color?
– Reddish brown. Used to be very red, but never orangey.
18) Future child’s name’s?
– There will probably be a “William” (or some variation like “Liam”) somewhere in it just to keep the tradition alive to the 5th generation.
19) Do you snore?
– Oh yeah, and I come by it honestly from way back on both sides of the family.
20) If you could go anywhere in the world on a vacation, where would you go?
– I’d probably never want to come back again. Jeez. There are so many places that I want to see and experience. Too bad I’m limited by this question to anywhere “in the world”, because I’d probably pick a ride in the Space Shuttle or a walk on the Moon or Mars. Think of what kind of a perspective you’d have on life and this planet after a trip like that. Wow.
21) Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
– Growing up I did. I kept some of my favorites as keepsakes from my childhood.
22) If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
23) Gold or silver?
– Silver or white gold
24) Hamburger or hot dog?
– Hamburger. Though a nitrite/nitrate free sausage (like a bratwurst with kraut) would be even better than that for a treat.
25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
– Boy. That wouldn’t be conducive to a long life, would it? I guess eggs. 1) There are a lot of different ways to prepare them, and 2) they are a fairly complete food. I’d actually feel guilty about not eating any veggies, though.
26) Beach, city, or country?
What happened to the mountains as an option? Or the suburbs? Of the three choices, probably country near a city near a beach. Haha. Okay, okay. Country.
27) What was the last thing you touched?
– The delete key.
28) Where do you eat?
– Off of a plate. Breakfast and dinner are usually at home. Lunch can either be out of my lunch box, at a restaurant, or at my home office.
29) When’s the last time you cried?
– My allergies were making my eyes water so much yesterday that I basically cried. Before that, not sure. Some movie probably.
30) Have you read any blogs from the person who sent this first?
– He rarely posts to it, but I’ve read it.
31) Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
– I’m not a cross dresser, but yes 1) if someone paid me a lot of money, 2) for a Halloween or costume party (really unlikely though), or 3) possibly on a dare, though it would depend on the stakes of the dare.
32) Ever been involved with the police?
– Yes. When I was a kid, I had to take my bike there to get it licensed. I also had to go to the police to file reports when our car was broken into in Long Beach and when I lost my first cell phone (insurance claim required the report).
33) Have you ever got into a fist fight?
– Does a yogurt fight count? I did dump lime yogurt on my best friend’s head in Jr. High. It ended the argument immediately, because I felt so sorry for him with that green slime dripping down from his head as he had to walk through the entire lunch crowd to the restrooms.
34) Mascara or eyeliner?
– No way.
35) Beach or pool?
– I prefer to swim in a pool and visit a beach. I used to work at a seaside hotel with a pool. That was the the best of both worlds.
36) Can you cross your eyes?
– Can’t everybody?
37) What’s your favorite song at the moment?
– Hahaha. Like I could possibly pick just one. Or one artist. Or even one genre.
38) Window seat or aisle?
– Window. I love to look out. Unless it’s too dark and stormy outside to see, then I’d pick an aisle for the convenience.
39) Ever met any famous bands/singers?
– I worked as a stagehand for the off-Broadway production of Big River when it toured at my college. I also bumped into (not literally) the Dave Matthews Band while working on some computers at the Sacramento amphitheater. I had the Smokin’ Armadillos autograph their CD after their performance at our fair. I talked with several of the singers/actors at The Great American Melodrama in Oceano, CA. That’s all I can think of.
40) Do you feel that you’ve ever had a truly successful relationship?
– Business ones. Still waiting for that in my personal life.
41) Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
– I cut a little and twirl a little.
42) Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey?
– Oprah. Is Ricki even on anymore?
43) Basketball or football?
– Sacramento Kings basketball (though the way the team’s stupid, spoiled owners are threatening to leave Sacramento, I don’t know how much longer they will be the Sacramento Kings). The only football I enjoy watching is high school football. Those guys still play mostly for the love of the game, and they pour their souls into it!
44) How long does your shower lasts?
– It can be as short as 4-5 minutes to occasionally as long as 45 minutes. Probably 10-15 is a good average.
45) Do you drive a stick?
– I used to drive a stick in a video game. It was called a joystick. Sticks in vehicles seem so stupid to me when you have the option for an automatic. A friend tried to teach me a bit. I think I managed to get to 2nd, maybe 3rd, but we both gave up after that. I haven’t missed it at all.
46) Cake or ice cream?
– Vanilla ice cream. Maybe rocky road. Or maybe Ben and Jerry’s. 🙂
– In some situations, but that rarely stops me from doing what I want/need to do.
48) What time do you get up?
– It totally depends on when I go to sleep. And that varies considerably. I tend to be a late night owl.
49) Have you ever given money to a homeless person?
– I prefer to give my money to charities that help the homeless. I have, on very rare occasions, given them money directly.
50) When was your first crush?
– I’m a scorpio. I don’t have crushes. Either I am head over heels in love (lust?), or I’m not. These crush things don’t even really make much sense to me.
51) Where do you wish you were?
– In a country that never had any presidents named Bush.
52) Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
– Maybe for a little while.
53) Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
– Nope. In Cub Scouts I was hooked up to an EKG machine and some other equipment inside an ambulance as part of a demonstration. That was pretty cool.
54) Ever gone skinny dipping?
– Might have.
55) Last gift you received?
– Probably my Christmas gifts from my parents last December.
56) Last sport you played?
– I’m not exactly the sport playing kind of person, but I did knock a ball around on the tennis court for a bit recently.
57) Things you spend a lot of money on?
– Telecommunications and Internet services
58) Sharpies smell good or bad?
– The newer ones don’t smell too terrible, but the old ones (from the 70s or so) smelled really, really bad.
59) High school you attended?
– Grant Union (worked on their computers); Arroyo Grande (my Alma Mater)
60) Last wedding attended?
– It was quite a while ago, whichever one it was.
61) Favorite fast food restaurant?
– Don’t really have one. For burgers, I guess it’s In ‘N’ Out or Red Robin. For Mexican, it would be Del Taco. For everything else, I suppose Jack in the Box. Wendy’s has good salads. McDonald’s Big and Tasty and a salad isn’t too terrible in a pinch.
63) Can you cook?
– Yes. I mostly assist though. My mom’s the head chef in our family. 🙂
64) Most hated food:
– I’m not fond of Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, or things that are bitter.
65) Can you sing?
– Yeah, but you might not enjoy the experience.
66) When was your last kiss?
– I kissed my mom for her birthday.
67) What was the last piece of mail you opened?
– Who knows. The business receives a lot of mail, and I don’t pay attention to the order I open things.
68) Favorite Alcoholic drink?
– Not much of a drinker any more. No real faves.
69) Do you talk in your sleep?
– I’ve been told that I do occasionally.